Thursday, March 31, 2011

We Did It, Thanks to You! Our Charity: Water Campaign is Fully Funded

I have some excellent news to share with you. As of March 31st, our charity: water campaign is fully funded! With the help of our friends, family, and colleagues, my husband and I raised $5,460 to build a fresh water project in a developing country.

Now the real work begins! charity: water will start by selecting the location of our project. It will be placed in one of 17 developing countries, including Bangladesh, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Haiti, Honduras, India, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nepal, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, or Uganda.

From now through June, charity: water will work with the community to recruit and train a water committee, hygiene educators, and maintenance support teams. Construction for the project will begin in July and, if all goes well, the community will have a new and reliable source for clean drinking water by the end of 2011. Leonard and I hope to spend some time volunteering in this community for a week in early 2012.

The project itself will be named to honor my parents, Theresa and John, and my deceased grandmother. This means so much to me and my family. We’re still struggling day to day with the challenges of my parents’ illnesses but we are comforted by all the support our friends have shown us.

Leonard and I can’t thank you enough for helping us achieve this goal! Together we are providing 273 people with clean, safe drinking water for 20 years. That’s an accomplishment for which we can all be proud!

—Andrea M. Rotondo for LuxuryCruiseBible.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...