Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Wish List: Top 10 Rock Concerts on Luxury Cruise Ships

I admit that I've got a few obsessions in life... two of which are rock concerts and cruise vacations. In my younger days I worked for Musician magazine and spent more time at concerts than in the office. These days I'm more selective about the shows I see, but still love being in the middle of the crush as a band plays to fans who know every word of every song on the set list.

On the cruise front, I love trying new ships and have a checklist that keeps track of which ships and ports of call I still need to visit. It's little wonder then that I was daydreaming earlier today and came up with a wish list of rock concert that would be amazing if they were staged aboard luxury cruise ships.

My Wish List: Top 10 Rock Concerts on Luxury Cruise Ships
  1. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers aboard Paul Gauguin Cruises' m/s Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia

  2. U2 aboard the Yachts of Seabourn's Seabourn Sojourn in the Norwegian Fjords

  3. Jackson Browne aboard Silversea's Silver Spirit in the Mediterranean

  4. Martin Sexton aboard American Safari Cruises' Safari Explorer in Hawaii

  5. Daniel Lanois aboard Windstar Cruises' Wind Star in Costa Rica

  6. Brian Setzer Orchestra aboard Cunard's Queen Elizabeth for a transatlantic crossing

  7. John Mayer aboard Oceania Cruises' Marina in the Caribbean

  8. Jimmy Buffett aboard SeaDream Yacht Club's SeaDream II in the Caribbean

  9. James Taylor aboard Regent Seven Seas' Voyager in New Zealand and Australia

  10. Nora Jones aboard Crystal Cruises' Crystal Symphony in New England and Canada

Note: THIS IS JUST A DREAM LIST; these concerts (sadly) will never happen. It's just something fun to think about. Which bands would be on your cruise wish list?

—Andrea M. Rotondo for LuxuryCruiseBible.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...